Saturday, September 21, 2013

Little Miss Sicky Pants

So I have been laid up in bed for the last 2 days with strep throat. All in thanks to my mother in law. She has been sick as dog and we even had to take her to the ER on Thursday night. So I am nursing myself, my husband, and my MIL back to health.


Hospital ER from 3 a.m. till 5 a.m.

The side of our bed looks like a snow peak mountain top of tissues. Not to mention the endless water bottles, and McCafe smoothie cups. That has really been helping the throats out around here.

We are all on amoxicillin and doing better. We still have the ickies, but not as bad.

There are some MAJOR differences when your sick as an adult then when you were a child. When I was little, my mom would keep me home from school, make me stay in bed and watch all my Disney movies, and serve me chicken noodle soup with stars. I loved it!!

Now when I am sick, it is a little different. I stay home from work, lay in bed all day, make myself soup and put my own movies in. Which means I have to get out of bed, often. And if my husband is sick also?? I do it all for him too.

The only difference about this time being sick is my husband is recovering from surgery so he has been extra cuddly!! This is my ultimate happy place! Non-stop cuddling for 2 days.....so far!

In other news tomorrow is the official first day of Fall. I cannot be any happier! The start of cool weather and my Fall Festivities (last post) list!

I hope you all stay happy and healthy!

No comments: