Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July festivities!!

I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed the Fourth of July!! And the rest of there 4 day weekend. I definitely had a lot of fun!!

Here's the run down of what I did. I wanted to be creative and crafty this year and so I went to Pinterest and got some glorious ideas. 

Idea #1~ I made my own festive Independence Day shirt. 


( I can do a tutorial if I get a lot of interest) 
 
I was going to make the Mr. a shirt, but already had a pretty cool one. Captain America!! What is more patriotic than that!! 



Idea #2~ American flag fruit skewers!! 

These were so delicious. My nieces and nephews loved them, as well as the rest of my family! 


     (I can do a tutorial if a lot of interest)

These were pretty easy to make. The only difficult part about it was the angel food cake falls apart easily. Angel food cake can be substituted with marshmallows also!! Still delicious!! And super festive!! 

That was it for my creative genius. The rest if my time was spent cleaning the kitchen and preparing food. We had a nice spread. Burgers, brats, grilled potatoes, corn-on the cob of course, and fruit salad. 

Unfortunately, it drizzled off and on the whole day. But we did see a little sun for about an hour. 

Our family always does the biggest fireworks show in our little town. We get the loudest and biggest one available. 









And of course the kids love to help. Sparklers, Roman candles, and poppers are there favorite. 





My niece lit a while bunch of sparklers at one time. 



It's hard to see, but this was me lighting of a Roman candle. 

I hope every one enjoyed there holiday and had fun and stayed safe!! Happy Fourth of July weekend!! 

No comments: