Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I'm legal!! 21st birthday!!!

I'm sure your all wondering how my birthday went. Y'all are just so nosy. 

I wasn't really looking forward to my birthday since once you pass a certain age there not fun anymore. My last birthday or 2 weren't the greatest. But this year was really good.

The day started out sucky because my car wouldn't start. So I was convinced it was all down hill from there. 

However, it was the complete opposite. I got to work and my boss and her baby (who I nanny for) had made me a wonderful card, had the most delicious cupcake ever waiting for me and had the stereo blasting a happy birthday jingle. 

That made my day, I was ready for the excitement of my birthday after all. 
When I got off work, I went home to shower and get ready for my birthday BBQ that my mom was hosting for me. 


I look pretty plain in this picture, but its because I'm not wearing eye shadow. 

I requested BBQ chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and watermelon for dinner with a red velvet cake. (My favorite meal of all time!) 

After dinner we relaxed outside for a little bit and enjoyed the company. 
I also requested that my favorite at uncle of all time and his family be there. 


He got me my first legal bud-light. It was sooo good and refreshing. I've had bud-light before and it was nasty and foamy. Must be my 21 year old taste buds must have came in. Ha! My uncle also got me this awesome present!! 



We opened some more presents. I got some $$, a 31 bag, two pandora charms and some pink flops from Old Navy. Loved all of it!!! 

I was so ready for cake by this point!! 
My mom made me a homemade red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum!! 


You can't see her hand but she was trying to smash my face in it!! 

I was ready to dig in! 



So good!! 

After the cake, we were all full and tired. We were ready for naps!! 


I love my family!! :) 

The hubs was excited to be able to share a beer with me too. Although he is bummed he lost his designated driver. Haha! 


After the party was over Casey and I headed over to Applebee's for a couple more drinks. I had been wanting to try sangria for a while now and my 21st birthday seemed like the perfect time!! 


It was hard to get used to but I drank it all. Casey said it tasted like kool-aid but I didn't think so. 

I drank it all,but I wasn't in love with it. Honestly, I don't like alcohol. If I had a choice of having a drink and having water, I'd probably choose water. 

One of the best parts of being legal is ordering your drink for the first time. I got the silliest and biggest smile on my face and probably looked like a complete idiot. 

Overall I had fun. :)








No comments: